This is what the Roman Catholic Church states is the “Ten Commandments”…check this out.
1. I, the Lord, am your God. You shall not have other gods besides me.
2. You shall not take the name of the Lord God in vain
3. Remember to keep holy the Lord’s Day
4. Honor your father and your mother
5. You shall not kill
6. You shall not commit adultery
7. You shall not steal
8. You shall not bear false witness
9. You shall not covet your neighbor’s wife
10. You shall not covet your neighbor’s goods
Notice the hocus pokus?
Let us now look at the actual Ten Commandments with emphasis on the NASB.
EXODUS 20: 3-11 (NASB)
1. “You shall have no other gods before Me.
2. “You shall not make for yourself an idol, or any likeness of what is in heaven above or on the earth beneath or in the water under the earth. 5 You shall not worship them or serve them; for I, the Lord your God, am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers on the children, on the third and the fourth generations of those who hate Me, 6 but showing loving kindness to thousands, to those who love Me and keep My commandments.
3. “You shall not take the name of the Lord your God in vain, for the Lord will not leave him unpunished who takes His name in vain.
4. “Remember the sabbath day, to keep it holy. 9 Six days you shall labor and do all your work, 10 but the seventh day is a sabbath of the Lord your God; in it you shall not do any work, you or your son or your daughter, your male or your female servant or your cattle or your sojourner who stays with you.11 For in six days the Lord made the heavens and the earth, the sea and all that is in them, and rested on the seventh day; therefore the Lord blessed the sabbath day and made it holy.
5. “Honor your father and your mother, that your days may be prolonged in the land which the Lord your God gives you.
6. “You shall not murder.
7. “You shall not commit adultery.
8. “You shall not steal.
9. “You shall not bear false witness against your neighbor.
10. “You shall not covet your neighbor’s house; you shall not covet your neighbor’s wife or his male servant or his female servant or his ox or his donkey or anything that belongs to your neighbor.”
Now the biggest difference if you missed it is the second commandment. There is really nothing surprising here at all. If the Roman Catholic Church really took God’s commandments seriously it would use the real commandments, however they would not be able to have ALL THE IDOLS they currently use! I know many Roman Catholics that have Jesus STILL ON THE CROSS! The Roman Catholics also use Mary as an idol. I will do an article soon on that again.
The Roman Catholic Church is simply EVIL. I will also say for the record that there are Christians within the RC Church, The EVIL is within the Churches leadership.